Admit it. Sugar ants can be annoying at times. Not only are these tiny armies of crawling, sugar-loving critters love to steal bits of your favorite sweets, they can also cause problems like spoiling your food. Also, the possibility of these insects carrying bacteria and transferring them to you or your food is something you would not want to happen.
So, if you’re looking for ways on how to get rid of sugar ants in your house, then you’re in the right place. We’ve gathered excellent tips and tricks on taking care of these little creatures.
See How to Get Rid of Sugar Ants Naturally in the Kitchen With Simple Ingredients
This video shares simple way to get rid of ants using simple ingredients you can find in your kitchen. Watch it and find out that getting rid of ants is not a hard thing to do.
These are the Simple Ways on How to Get Rid of Ants in Your House.
Keep your home clean.
The best way to prevent ants from invading your home is by making sure they have fewer reasons to enter your house. You can do so by regularly mopping, sweeping, vacuuming floors, picking up crumbs and cleaning up after preparing, cooking and eating food.
Store your food properly
If you’re wondering about ways on how to get rid of ants, then consider airtight containers and putting food, especially fruits in the fridge as much as possible.
Fill out any gaps where ants can enter
By blocking small entryways, they won’t be able to go inside and eat their hearts out. Use sealants, caulk and deterrent.
Only use durable garbage bags
Thin trash bags tend to rupture quickly, so it’s best to invest in strong garbage bags tied tightly.
Some people do not like using chemicals and artificial ways of killing ants. If you’re one of them, then you’re probably looking for a more natural approach. The good thing is there are lots of things found in your home that can quickly help you eliminate these pesky pests.
How to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants – Home Remedies
Additionally, you can learn insights by watching this video. It shares effective tips to wipe out carpenter ants from your home.
Other Home Remedies to Get Rid of Ants Naturally
There are lots of ways to prevent ants from invading your home, and natural repellents work wonderfully. Here are some of the things you can use if you’re looking for ways on how to get rid of sugar ants naturally.
• Use vinegar and water mixed in equal proportions and spray on entryways.
• Use lemon juice with water to wash your floors
• Sprinkle black pepper on ant trails and places where they most like live
• Sprinkle salt in areas where they enter can enter
• Sprinkle fried peppermint or spray a mixture of one cup water and ten drops of peppermint essential oil in places where the ants are.
• Dip cotton or the tip of cloth in cinnamon oil and draw a line in entryways and ant trails. You can also use crushed cinnamon and sprinkle them in places where the ants are staying at.
• Sprinkling ground coffee in gaps and cracks where ants are most likely thriving will make them change their mind
• Make a mixture of powdered sugar and baking soda and put them in a small container. Place it where the ants are. The powdered sugar will act as your bait, and the baking soda will kill them.
• Give ants cornmeal. Ants are not able to digest cornmeal and will cause them to starve solely thus killing them in the process.
There you have it! Getting rid of sugar ants is not that hard if you know what to do, that is. So, the next time you sugars ants starting to crawl their way into your home, you know what to do!