Whether you’re studying, working, or tackling a big project, these herbal recipes will help you stay focused on the task at hand.
Herbal Drinks for Memory and Focus
Nothing beats a herbal beverage to get you in the mood for a study or work session. The recipes below are a mix of caffeinated and non-caffeinated drinks that will increase your mental strength and promote long-term brain health.
1. Lion’s Mane Matcha Tea – This invigorating beverage is warm and soothing, promoting mental quiet and concentration. Both green tea and lion’s mane have a long history of use as mental longevity tonics.
2. Greta’s Masala Chai – Chai is traditionally brewed using black tea, which includes caffeine for an energy boost. Replace the black tea with tulsi, a daptogenic herb that improves memory and focus, for a caffeine-free alternative.
3. Mindy Mind Hot Chocolate – This recipe also includes peppermint, an energizing herb that many herbalists use to boost alertness. The use of unrefined sugar, such as maple syrup or honey, makes this herbal hot chocolate even healthier.
4. Busy Bee Herbal Tea – Lemon balm is a nervine that supports brain health by nourishing, soothing, and strengthening the nervous system. Peppermint is an invigorating herbal that boosts mental clarity, while gotu kola is a soothing nervine and nootropic that aids with focus, memory, and learning. This recipe yields a large batch of loose-leaf herb blend, allowing you to brew individual servings whenever you have a busy day ahead.
5. Brain Tonic Tea – When you need to study or work, drink a cup of brain tonic tea. Its benefits for the nervous system are certain to boost healthy brain function and assist you in making the most of your next study session.
6. Lemme Think Lemonade – Lemom balm is an excellent ally for maintaining good brain function and for softly lifting moods.
7. Ashwagandha Study Milk – Both ashwagandha and lemon balm are known to strengthen and relax the neurological system, thereby supporting brain function.
Herbal Snacks for Memory and Focus
If you’re hungry, good luck working on a huge school or work project! Our brains require a lot of energy to function, and these snacks do double duty by adding herbs that help with memory and focus. Snack on these nutritious, herb-infused sweets the next time you need to stay focused.
8. Memory Boost Nut Butter – This herbal recipe contains four brain-supporting herbs that assist increase focus and memory while also optimizing cognitive function.
9. Brainstorm Buddy Yogurt Dip – If you’re searching for a light yet filling study snack, this recipe might be just the thing! Fresh mint leaves and gotu kola powder stimulate your body and mind, allowing you to come up with tons of amazing ideas for your next big project.
10. Brainy Guacamole – Avocados are high in healthy fats that feed the brain, and lemon balm is a powerful herbal ally for brain health.
11. A+ Adaptogenic Cherry Bites – These tasty bites are high in adaptogens, a type of herb that helps the body adapt to and respond to stress. Because stress can impair brain function, adaptogens are an excellent category of herbs for long-term brain health support.
This Herbal Academy’s 11 Herbal Recipes for Memory and Focus ebook is packed with delicious, plant-powered drink and snack recipes you can whip up when it’s time to concentrate.
We hope you enjoy your book and that you’ll share photos of your favorite brain-boosting recipes on social media with the hashtag #myherbalstudies.
Note. You can also Save up to 30% on herbal courses as part of Herbal Academy’s Back to School Sale, through Sept 18, 2023!